FOR LIP SEALS – VGP AND ECOLABEL CERTIFIED
MPS 996 BIO is a silica thickened paste based on sustainable and readily biodegradable esters.
MPS 996 BIO is qualified as EAL and is developed specifically to stop water ingress in systems with lip-type seals where EAL oils are used.
Dynamic barrier in aft seal chambers
MPS 996 BIO contains a very high amount of solids, which due to friction will embed the wear surfaces during operation, repairing minor defects in the contact surfaces between the shaft and seal.
MPS 996 BIO has a seal revitalizing effect, which preserves or restores the flexibility of the rubber seals without swelling.
- MPS 996 BIO is an EAL and satisfies the EPA 2013
Vessel General Permit (VGP) requirements
- Compatible with most EAL (Environmentally
Acceptable Lubricants) oils
- Compatible with FKM elastomers
MPS restores seal elasticity without swelling.
- Broad working temperature range
MPS tolerate temperatures from -10° C to 120° C.
- Surface treatment
MPS polishes the surface and fills in minor cracks.
- Anti-corrosion and EP properties
MPS enhances corrosion protection and allows increased loads
in water-contaminated environments
HOW TO APPLY MPS 996 bio
The MPS 996 BIO paste must be injected in its concentrated form directly to the aft seal chambers.
It is necessary to have a suitable pump for the application. Lindemann can supply a high-pressure pump for easy application which suits the 18 kg drum. The pump can later be used for other purposes.
TYPICAL APPLICATION AREAS
MPS 996 BIO is specially designed to re-establish the sealing effect in defective lip seals systems with water ingress, where the use of EALs is regulatory.
- MPS 996 BIO will work equally well with most materials e.g. bronze, chrome, stainless steel or brass and rubber, asbestos and plastics.
- MPS 996 BIO is compatible with FKM elastomers.
- MPS 996 BIO can be used as an additive with EALs.
Apply 100% of MPS 996 BIO to aft seal chambers only.
‘Please, consult the Lindemann team for application instructions and the necessary quantity.